Explore Muskegon and WIN big!
Visit Muskegon County from July 1 – July 31, 2017, and take a photo of your experience share it on Facebook or Instagram and tag the photo with #ThisIsMuskegon and you will automatically be entered to win $1,000 cash and more*!
VisIT, TagIT, WinIT – #ThisIsMuskegon
*Additional Prizes Include:
Shoreline Inn Stay; Holiday Inn Stay; Lake Express Passes; USS LST 393 Passes; USS Silversides Submarine Museum Passes; Michigan Irish Music Festival Tickets; Craig’s Cruisers Family FUN Pass; Boar’s Belly Gift Card; Henessey’s Irish Pub Gift Card; West Michigan Symphony/The Block Tickets; Michigan Adventure Tickets; Hackley & Hume Historic Site Passes; Heritage Park Passes.
Contest Details and Rules:
- Contest Dates: July 1-July 31, 2017
- Photo must be taken within Muskegon County and uploaded to Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #ThisIsMuskegon. Geotagging your location is also suggested.
- Participants can enter as many times as they like.
- Must be original, real-time photo taken between July 1-31, 2017. Past images are not eligible.
- Winners will be contacted via social media pages/profiles. Private social media accounts may not be eligible.
- No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the U.S. Must be 18 years or older to win.
- Winner will be chosen by a panel of local Muskegon area judges comprised of marketing, media, art, business and community leadership.
- Photos will be judged on originality, creativity, composition, and ability to capture the spirit of Muskegon. We are looking for uniquely Muskegon moments that highlight the fun attributes of our community and reflect the positive, genuine image, and beautiful nature of Muskegon.
- Top 12 photos will be chosen and displayed on Facebook and Instagram from August 7-13, 2017.
- Winner will be announced/contacted on August 14, 2017.
- Winner must respond by August 21 to redeem prize. If the winner does not respond by August 21, the runner-up will be contacted.
All expenses not specified, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, are winner’s sole responsibility. This contest is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. By participating you acknowledge that your participation is voluntary and that the Watch Muskegon Campaign has full rights to publish, promote and utilize your photo for any print, billboard, online, video-based marketing or any other publications. You will not receive financial compensation of any type associated with the taking or publication of these photographs or participation in marketing materials or other publications. By participating in this contest: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Watch Muskegon, Facebook, Muskegon County, municipalities and its, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, obligations, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of, related to, or that may arise in connection with your participation in this contest. You agree to cooperate fully with us in the defense of any claim that is the subject of your obligations hereunder. We reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time to terminate or suspend this contest based on unforeseen issues. You may be asked for proof of image location and proof of age. All judges decisions are final.